Though few people look to travel to South Africa, the fact remains that it can provide the perfect hotspot for your next vacation. Whether you’re looking to spend time with friends and family or to explore exciting new places, South Africa has it all! It has fantastic beaches, beautiful culture, stunning landscapes, and plenty of exciting activities for everyone. If you’re not convinced yet, here are our top reasons that South Africa is a great place to travel:
1. Cape Town has one of the most beautiful urban beaches in the world! In fact, in a show of interesting nature you can find African penguins waddling about on Boulders Beach.
Along the coastline of the Indian Ocean you’ll find pristine golden stretches of sand lapped by warm waves going up north. If you’re one of the many tourists looking to explore underwater, the tropical coral reefs offer perfect conditions for diving and snorkeling.
2. South Africa is home to some of the most exotic wild animals not seen anywhere else in the world. The country is filled with numerous reserves and wildlife parks offering you the ability to view your favorite Safari animals up close. The varied terrain allows different animal populations to live side-by-side.
3. If you categorize yourself as a food lover, Cape Town has fantastic fine dining experiences that include wine tasting. Meanwhile, you should definitely check out some of the most sumptuous local restaurants, you can’t overlook the Cape Winelands where you can test quality wines while looking out at the sunset. You’ll be able to experience familiar dishes, but if you want a real taste of South Africa, make sure you check out local international foods served by off the beaten path vendors.
4. Since South Africa gets plenty of sunshine, you can enjoy numerous outdoor activities that help you appreciate the local landscape. Whale watching, mountain climbing, horse riding, paragliding, and cycling are all popular activities that tourists have enjoyed for years in the area. The varied terrain of the country makes it possible for you to enjoy different flora and fauna.
5. If you’re looking to travel with friends, South Africa is one of the most family-friendly nations in the world. Most of the beaches and safaris can easily be planned with your young ones in mind, making it an enjoyable experience for the entire family. Make sure when you’re planning the vacation you ask experts to help you plan a safari and find local accommodations that are appropriate for your children.
Now that you see that there are plenty of reasons to visit South Africa, hopefully, you’ll plan your next vacation there. From the beautiful golden stretches of beach to the wonderful mountains, you can find plenty of enjoyable activities and fine dining opportunities to make your next trip to South Africa worthwhile. If you plan your vacation off-season, you can even save more money by bundling your entire trip together with your airfare and your hotel accommodations.